Thursday, October 2, 2008

So, I watched the voting on the bailout bill last night on C-Span, and was lucky enough to catch a re-play of a speech given earlier in the day by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I – Vermont). Here is the link to the text of the speech.

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/news/record.cfm?id=303980

It is lengthy, but work the read. After seeing Amy Klobuchar yuk it up on the Senate floor after the vote (I used to work with Amy at a large lawfirm in Minneapolis, and – Oh, I can tell you some stories! Not one of my favorite people!), I’m thankful that SOMEONE is looking out for people who don’t want this bill to pass.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!

Never was too keen about bailing out our elite noble class in the first place, but that speech put a lot of things in place for me.

dane said...

Excellent stuff. Maybe there are a few good patriots left in this country...

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers