Friday, October 17, 2008

Am I "Joe"?

I wonder if "Joe The Plummer" is any relation to "Joe Six-Pack"?

The use of both of those monikers, even though the former has a basis in a real person, boils my blood a bit. I've spent most of my life living in the world that these two are supposed to personify. And I find the use of these names condescending at best.

This "I feel your pain" bullshit doesn't hold water. It is merely a ploy used by those who really have no understanding of the lower middle class to make us believe they are really in touch.

If they really were in touch (that goes for anyone in Congress) they would not have approved a bail out. They would have just cut me a check.

2 comments:

kevinf said...

they are all out of touch. they are wined and dined by lobbyists and special interest groups. they spend years consolidating power so that they can serve these groups more effectively and enrich themselves in the process.

i don't think any of this will change until we push some sort of term limit and outlaw paid lobbyists.
if a business owner or group wants to forward an agenda or interest let them travel to washington on their own and speak to their rep in person. let the lawmaker buy their own lunch.

tort reform would be good deal as well, in my humble opinion.

just my $.02 worth. i feel better now

DC said...

Agreed - At least we have Ron Paul in Congress to speak the truth. I remember watching republican after republican take the podium in the House and saying< "inaction is not an option, I don't like this bill one bit but I have to vote for it."

David Carlson Politics

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers