Friday, October 3, 2008

"Something New" (Or, "More to Read on the Internet")

I’m putting out my much-abbreviated weekly blog a little early (no martini, either), as I won’t be able to really get to it this weekend. My whole week (well, I should say, the last couple of weeks) seem to have been filled with all things dealing with the bailout bill.

Oh, excuse me – my mistake. The rescue bill. (Same shit – different name.)

Anyway, I’m pretty much against it no matter how much they try to spit polish it. Plain and simple. Don’t understand why a bill needs to pass within one week, why more research cannot be completed into the situation prior to passing a bill, and where the hell the amount of $700 billion came from! (Someone's hind-end must hurt from pulling that amount out of it!) Until someone can guarantee me that I (a taxpayer) won’t take it in the shorts even more than I currently am in the stock market, I won’t ever support it.

Anyway, for you political-types out there, I have a blog site that might be of interest to you. My niece’s boyfriend, David Carlson (more commonly known as DC), authors it. He is about as nice a kid as you will ever find. He goes to college at St. Thomas, and is a very smart guy. I’m thinking that most of the contributors are about his age – early 20’s – college age (except for me – of course). I appreciate reading his point of view on issues. Take a peek sometime.

http://www.davidcarlsonpolitics.com/

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Here's the problem: the conservatives are not really conservative, and the liberals suffer from head-up-the-ass-itis.

kevinf said...

BOHICA

Budsy Jean said...

BOHICA! Funny you should say that . . .

I was listening to Michael Savage last week, and he said that, as much as the public wants the Reps and Dems to agree on a bipartisan level, we should be afraid when they do. He said it only means that the taxpayers are going to take it up the keester. Too funny!

DC said...

Berta,

Thanks for linking to me! I just noticed this post! So true that the 'conservatives' are not really conservatives, that is the problem with the republican party.

http://www.davidcarlsonpolitics.com

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers