Sunday, March 23, 2008

Punkgrass?

My brother Bubba would be proud that I keep an open mind when it comes to politics. (My wife is a Republican, which makes her right, half the time--I am a Libertarian, so I go both ways, politically, at least.)

When I moved to Arizona, one of the last things he said was something about "don't turn into one of those Barry Goldwater types." (more on that later...)

One of the cool things about working where I work, though, is how unbelievably creative the people are. Case in point, this guy named Marc. He is easily the greatest graphic artist I have ever met. (Actually, his official title is bigger than that, but that is really the area he dominates.) I have worked with a couple thousand, so I should know. Typical of most artists, he multi-talented.

I was watching a profile on PBS a couple of weeks ago on Pete Seeger. I couldn't help but think how we were overdue for a folk-type revival. The political pendulum swings, and we are due for that come back. (...more on that later, too.)

Typical of great artists (which I am not) Marc is again ahead of the curve. Check this out:

Black and Blue Revue

I can't stop listening to it. The punk-influenced folk is driving me to consider getting a union card...

1 comment:

Budsy Jean said...

Right on, brotha! Over the past 6 or so months, I've been so into Bob Dylan. I never could stand Bob Dylan. I could never get beyond his voice, but go back and listen to the words of Blowin' in the Wind. I guess some music is really timeless. Or, maybe time really does repeat itself.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers