Friday, September 26, 2008

Larry King Live

So, last night (Thursday), Jeff and I didn’t get home until after 11:00 p.m. (cst). We had golfed 27 holes at Superior National Golf Course in Lutsen, MN, and that is about a 5+ hours from our home. Needless to say, it had been a long day.

I have enough issues with trying to sleep, so it would be unlikely that I could just plop into bed upon returning home. That being said, I poured a big glass of high quality “moo juice”, nestled into my recliner, and turned on the television. I wanted to catch up on the current economic news, but I rarely watch news programs, and really am not into watching CNN or Fox News (although I have to admit there is a strange, indescribable “hotness” to Anderson Cooper). I decided to watch Larry King.

He had four “talking heads” speaking about the economy – 2 liberal and 2 conservative. Somewhat worthless as far as depth and substance - mostly just trying to out-yell each other. One thing I found myself asking is, “How in the hell did Michelle Bachman ever get elected to the House of Reps?”

Where was I? Oh, yeah – Larry King.

After the four “talking heads” were done, King had comedian Chris Rock as a guest. I’m pretty indifferent about Rock. I’ve seen little of his comedy acts, movies, or television work, but I do know that he seems pretty funny. Now, I’m really not into Hollywood stars as political experts, and Rock quickly dismissed himself as a political expert. He is an admitted Obama supporter.

King and Rock were discussing who, of the two major candidates, would be better with regard to the current economic travesty, and Rock, of course, said Obama. King asked why. Rock said that Obama has one home. If he loses that home, he is going to be homeless. McCain has 12 homes if he loses ½ of his homes he still has six.

I thought that was pretty funny. Somewhat pointless, but funny.

Nice to find a chuckle in the midst of a lot of hand-wringing.

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers