Thursday, September 18, 2008

Misc. Ramblings

So, I’m having my martini tonight because today is my Friday, and I’m going to try to get back in the habit of blogging every Friday again. I get to golf The Classic at Madden’s tomorrow, and it looks like the weather will be perfect. Hooray! And, the martini tastes really good, too. Yum!

I don’t really know what to write about. I don’t feel very intellectual today. Maybe that is a good thing.

I know that one thing that has been bothering me is the stock market, although we have no control over it. I was watching the NASDAQ today between the hours of 12:00 and 1:00 central time, and I’ve never seen such wild fluctuations in my life. (Actually, I typed ‘fuctuations’, which is really what I’m feeling right now as far as my investments go, but I corrected it to be nice, ‘cuz that is how I am.) I think that I’m going to have to stop looking. It is making my hair fall out. Oh, well. My dad and Dane are pretty handsome bald – maybe I will be, too.

I’m not very happy with McCain’s choice of VP. From the choices available, Palin was not the strongest or the most qualified. Now she is getting crammed down our throats. (Please, no “Well, Obama isn’t qualified either.” arguments – I’m speaking solely about the Republican party at this juncture.) Even die-hard righties who are friends of mine admit that this is likely mostly a ploy for votes. Is that the farce that politics has become? There are times I wish that I could live in a little cabin by Wannaska. Anyone care to join me?

I’m struggling to find someone to vote for. I might have to write myself in. Oh, wait, I really don’t want the job. So then what?

Today is a picture perfect day in Nisswa. The sky is clear blue, the leaves on the trees are just on the cusp of turning to their fall colors, and it is in the upper 70’s. What the hell am I doing by my computer? I’d better get a laptop.

Well, my first martini is almost gone (I always make enough for two). I think that I’ll pour the rest in my glass, sit on my deck, and wait for Jeff to come home. I love listening to the owls. We’ll have frozen pizza in the pizza oven for dinner tonight. Could life be any better?

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers