Friday, December 25, 2009

Dane's Music 2009 - Part III


Merry Christmas!

I wrap up my my 2009 music list looking forward to 2010.

The most important music discovery for me in 2008 was the Athens, Georgia band The Whigs. Unfortunately, they have been touring all year and won’t have a new album until 2010. The good news is they pre-released a couple of tunes, so I include Hundred/Million to my list and hope to see more of their stuff on next year’s list.

Fortunately for me, the Whigs did their tour with a band called The Features. They have been around awhile, but were new to me. I skipped over a lot of great songs from their new album so I could include Now You Know (2009). I also had to pick a couple more from earlier material, Wooden Heart (2006) and Guillotine (2006). I have a few of their older albums to aquire yet, so you can probably expect to see another song from them on next year’s list.

Speaking of next year, have a good one and here’s to finding tons of new music to make your 2010 memorable.

2 comments:

DC said...

I'm going to check out the Whigs for sure! I love these posts you did. I hadn't seen them before asking you to guest blog for noisecake (tho I have seen your music posts in the past) but now I am REALLY looking forward to it!

-David
noisecake

Marna said...

I'm really digging "The Features." Wooden Heart was my favorite from the first time I played it!

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers