Friday, December 28, 2007

Funeral Plans

Mom passed away yesterday afternoon while in hospice care in Billings, Montana. She was 80 years old.

The funeral is going to be in Karlstad, Minnesota on Thursday, January 3rd, 2008.

This has been a difficult month for me, but as always, there were lessons to be learned. I have come to appreciate "moments" big and small. While spending a week with mom during her last days, I had a brief moment of clarity. Happiness doesn’t come from searching for perfect moments, but from finding the beauty and joy in every situation and in every day.

Through this, I have also come to realize how important my family and friends are. I thank you all for the support you have given me. I love you all very much.

...and finally, the only New Year's resolution I am making this year: to spend more time with all of you...

Song of the day: Nothing Lasts for Long -The Samples Live in Colorado

4 comments:

Budsy Jean said...

Hey, honey. I'm so sorry to hear about Jean! I hadn't heard anything about her illness until this afternoon when Marna told me. I last saw her at the Karlstad 100 year celebration. I always loved seeing her, and I know that she always liked seeing us (the 'gang'), too. "It's so good to see you kids" is what she would always tell me. She always had a smile on her face and a kind word for me. I'm pretty sure that "big Dane" is pretty happy to have her around right about now! You and your whole family are in my prayers, and I hope that you can feel how much I care! I love you, buddy! I'm sorry that I neglected reading your blog this month. Lesson learned!

Marna said...

Dane,

I'm so sorry. Your mom was a spunky one and she will be dearly missed! But, I agree with Bert -- your dad must be pretty glad to have her with him to start the new year! Sometimes thinking about those kinds of things it the greatest comfort of all.

Hugs to you! Love you lots!

Carolyn said...

Dear Dane,

So sorry to hear about your mom,
we will be up there tomorrow.
You are so lucky to have your sibilings to help each other through this. All our Love,
Lin and Carolyn

Gunner said...

Dane:

Just found out today when I returned to work and saw Roberta's email to everyone. Memories of your mom for me are her love of your family, friends, Karlstad and "all us kids..."

Thoughts, Prayers and Peace.

Ron and Bea

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers