Saturday, December 22, 2007

Mom

Tough day today. Mom's condition worsens a little bit every day. Her pain is constant at this point and she has to remain permanently medicated. It probably won't be long before we are unable to have any meaningful conversation with her.

I plan on staying here in Montana until Christmas morning, but am unsure if she will be around that long. I am really not too depressed about it being Christmas, though. Although it is getting difficult to sit with her for long periods of time, I really would not want to be anywhere else.

I haven't had a chance to buy a single present this year, but that all seems pretty unimportant at this point. Through this all, I have probably never been closer to my family. Priorities tend to present themselves clearly in situations like this.

I wish you all well and hope you find the time to enjoy your families during this busy season.

1 comment:

kevinf said...

hey dane,

so sorry about your mom. don't know quite what to say other than we are thinking of about you and wishing for some peace for you and your family during all this.

i'm stuck in miami for christmas this year. kinda tough being away from the family and never spent christmas anywhere without snow.

take care,

kevin

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers