Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Conspiracy Theory

Oh, how I love a good conspiracy. When I went back and read Dan's entry about politics and all of the comments, I came across Dane's link to Sleeping With the Devil. I will have to follow up on that one.

I can only imagine how corrupt our government really is. You think of what the average Joe does for power or love and then realize how that must magnify when you're at the top of the food chain - running a billion-dollar company or god forbid, a whole country.

Since I've never been in such a position, I really have a hard time understanding how you can throw your morals to the wind (all the while pretending you have such high standards) and lie and cheat millions (maybe billions) of people to put money in your pocket or power in your fist.

My favorite conspiracy theory of the moment is Loose Change. All about how our war monger president orchestrated 911 to make himself look good. I haven't been to the web site in awhile and now I see you can download the film for free. You'll be amazed at the facts and figures. For instance, how could the plane have been "vaporized" upon impact? Not to mention that they'd just completed a renovation of the Pentagon in that same area to reinforce all the walls, etc. People who saw that plane before it hit the Pentagon say it was white with no markings and looked like a corporate jet, not a commercial one. The big question I had is did they truly sacrifice all of the people in the crashes or were they made up stories? I haven't seen the latest version, so I'm not sure what new information has been added, but you will not forget what you see.

Conspiracy is good for us -- to put doubt in our minds so that we are never so star-struck that we think someone is faultless.

3 comments:

Marna said...

Ok, I added a photo, so I have to post a comment to see if it shows up. I think it needs better resolution. It's me being a "bear" in Alaska. Kinda goofy, but I'm sure way better than the one Dane was threatening to add out there.

Unknown said...

You are right. We need to ask questions and never take anything at face value.

Budsy Jean said...

I, too, love a good conspiracy. “Skull & Bones” is one of my favorites. I enjoy them not only for the reasons that Marna mentions, such as never taking anything at face value. I also enjoy them because a genuine conspiracy taken to the extremes can be very entertaining reading.

With regard to 911, I’ll take a look at the information that you reference, Marna. I’ve not actually reviewed that information before. However, I’ve read quite a few websites over the years regarding the 911 conspiracy theories. I’ve read no books or periodicals on the subject, however.

Based on what I’ve reviewed so far, I don’t agree with the conspiracy aspect. As with most conspiracies, it seems that for every piece of ‘evidence’, there is another piece of ‘evidence’ to repute it. Therefore, for me, I don’t think that there was a conspiracy.

I’ve also done enough research on Middle Eastern extremism to know that it is quite plausible that they would design and execute a plan to hijack an airliner and plunge it into a U.S. building. And, knowing who was/is President, I also believe that they wanted more than anything not only to plunge an airliner into a building on U.S. soil, but also to plunge us deep into an unwinnable war. I believe that they were successful on both fronts. Unfortunately, we took the bait, and the consequences will have far reaching and long lasting effects on our country at many levels for many, many years. People who underestimate Middle Eastern extremists are seriously making a big mistake.

I could write the longest blog in history on that subject.

Here is a fun conspiracy. I’m sure that some of you (maybe all of you) have heard of these groups: Bilderbergs, Council on Foreign Relations, and Trilateral Commission. Do some searches on these groups. Kind of interesting in that they actually do exist. The conspiracy portion of the argument is how much of an impact they have on the world economy and foreign policy. Some interesting reading to pass the time. Again, for every piece of ‘evidence’, there is an equal and opposite piece of ‘evidence’.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers