Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Juno

Jan and I saw Juno (the movie, not the place) last weekend. It was a small comedy worth seeing. The sound track was kind of interesting, too. It included some big names like The Kinks, Sonic Youth, The Velvet Underground, Belle and Sebastian and Mott The Hoople. But the real gem was discovering Kimya Dawson and The Moldy Peaches. I know nothing about them, but I will be looking them up on www.allmusic.com, a site my friend Kip told me about.

I also picked up a couple of albums, Echo & The Bunneymen's self-titled cd from 1985, the one with "The Game" and "Lips Like Sugar." I got it because it had some additional stuff, including a remake of The Door's "Soul Kitchen."

I also picked up The Waterboys Book of Lightning from 2006. Only listened to it twice, but I really like it. The band has been around forever, but I was only familiar with the song "We Will Not Be Lovers" from 1988. Good stuff.

Song of the day: "She Tried To Hold Me" from The Waterboys cd Book of Lightning

1 comment:

Marna said...

I thought Juno was a very good movie. Light and dark at the same time. I really liked the music, too. The screenwriter, Diablo Cody, is a Minnesotan and former stripper, but you probably already knew that..... :)

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers