Friday, February 20, 2009

We Don’t Think. We React.

I am a few books behind on my reading list and today, my list just got longer. Don’t Make Me Think by Steve Krug is a practical guide on how people really use the web. The book is geared toward web designers, advising them to take people’s viewing habits into consideration when creating sites.


Thing is, I don’t design web sites, so why am I interested? And more importantly, why should you be interested?

The book’s key point is that people don’t read websites, they scan them. This premise, I believe, is not only true of the internet. I think it is how most of us engage all sources of information. We get the gist and move on.

This book may not be for you, but check out this chapter and I think you will agree that it is an incredibly insightful and entertaining look at how we view the world.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Damn you for adding books to my uber-long reading list!! :-)

Marna said...

I have this book on my desk, but no, haven't read it yet....

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers