Sunday, November 18, 2007

Going to Shows

Did the Hold Steady show last weekend and was told I had a lot of fun. I lost my status as designated driver that night and took advantage of it. Think I liked the first show earlier this year, but I think it is just because I remember it better. One cool thing happened at this show, though. A couple of my friends met and have been spending some time together since. I work with her. She is incredibly witty and fun to hang with. And for the guy, don't know him well, but he got us back stage passes to the first HS show and is extremely smart and funny. Hopefully, their hooking up will mean I get to see more of both of them. It is impossible to have too many cool friends.

Sorry I haven't been keeping this blog thing up too well lately. I have had a lot of really important things going on. Kind of like my next big project, going to Van Halen next Friday with my friend Dan. I remember the first time I heard them. Scott Wik and I were in 8th grade, driving around with some upper classmen who impressed us by playing "Beautiful Girls" at full volume.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country.
Kurt Vonnegut

my .02 for the day.

Marna said...

No wonder you don't remember why you called me last Friday night! :)

BTW -- Wendy and I went to see "Dan in Real Life" last night. We LOVED it! Just wanted you to know we thought it was very "ha ha" funny, not just situational!

Van Halen sounds like fun! Is David Lee Roth back with them now? I know it's not Sammy Hagar. Speaking of him, Joan and I saw him at the Hyslop in about 1983 when his big song was "I Can't Drive 55." He was quite the rocker!

Take care! Talk to you soon!

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers