Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Halloween 1992 Jerry Garcia

I just stumbled on this Jerry Garcia remake of Warren Zevon's Werewolves of London.

On a whim, I bought a plane ticket to Oakland so I could spend Halloween of ‘92 with Jerry Garcia. It was his first show since recovering from a heart attack. I met my friend Brad and a van load of his tribe from Seattle. I didn’t have a ticket for the show, but Brad was able to barter for one in the parking lot once I got there.

I hung out with a girl from Japan. I met her in the top row of the Oakland Coliseum and promptly dragged her down to the front of the stage. She was out-of-place, all dressed up, obviously having no clue about the Dead or their cultural following. She spoke very little English. I wore a t-shirt that read: “We are the people your parents warned you about.”

I was a wonderful ambassador.

Fun times.

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers