Friday, June 25, 2010

Venture Capitalism Made Easy

Once in awhile, I like to follow up on the Kiva project I have been working on since 2007. The non-profit site Kiva.org has made it easy for me to fund entrepreneurs from around the world, twenty-five dollars at a time.

I loan them money. They pay me back. I re-invest it to others.


I am currently on pace to fund my 70th venture by the end of this year. Although this really is charity considering I don’t get any interest in return for my backing, I do have the option of pulling my funds out rather than reinvesting them. I don’t see myself ever doing that, though.

Yes, I may be a dirty rotten capitalist pig, but it is just too much fun seeing the poorest people in this world pulling themselves up by their own hard labor. It is even more fun knowing I am playing some small role in it.

For more info on how you can help change the world one person at a time, go to Kiva.org.

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers