Sunday, April 5, 2009

How I Feel Today

So, I really haven't contributed at all to the blog since late January. It has been a heck of a year so far, and there is more to come, both good and bad.

Anyway, this is how I feel today - summed up in some of my favorite little verses.

Let me live in a house by the side of the road,
Where the race of men go by.
The men who are good and the men who are bad,
As good and as bad as I.

I would not sit in the scorner's seat,
or hurl the cynic's ban;
Let me live in a house by the side of the road,
And be a friend to man. -Foss

Try to be more sympathetic toward your fellow humans. Be less quick to anger or judgement. As very adeptly written in this blog, life for many has become more difficult. Sadly, it will likely get worse before it gets better. Look beyond yourself and see if anyone needs a hug, a meal, a buck or two, some kind words, or simply a smile. At times, throughout the various trials that are placed in front of us, a small act of kindness just might make the difference to someone. Remember that you might be the one chosen - you might be the catalyst. One can never be too busy to live unaware. I feel pretty calm and happy today. I hope that you do, too! Have a good day!

1 comment:

Marna said...

Thanks for your words of wisdom today, Berta....

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers