Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Castro Retires

I love the BBC. In fact, it is my homepage, my first window onto the world when I open my internet. It is a way for me to get a view of the world's events without the American medias' bias. Not that the BBC isn't biased; it is just easier to see when standing outside looking in.

The front page story today tells us that Castro is finally stepping down as "President" of Cuba. What I find interesting is how people--especially in the UK--see his legacy. Check out this link:

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?forumID=4312&edition=2&ttl=20080219110457


I can't help but wonder if the general hatred of the US directed by these posters is because we are the only real super power or by our current leadership. If Obama wins the next election, will the world still hate America more than the Cuban dictator? Only time will tell.

1 comment:

Budsy Jean said...

I watch the BBC on Public Television, and agree with your views on their coverage. I feel it wise to be at least a little knowledgeable about world news and events.

You know what they say, hatred and loathing are the sincerest forms of flattery. As I've heard many times: You don't find people rushing the borders to leave the United States. The U.S. has many faults, which are well documented. However, there isn't any place else that I could live, literally. I'd be beheaded, shot, or imprisoned pretty quickly, especially since I am a female.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers