Tuesday, May 18, 2010

New Tools To Help Me Blog More Often


I have blog post ideas. The problem is, I tend to forget them before I have a chance to sit down to write about them. Evernote.com to the rescue. Evernote is a free site that “gathers” your notes, documents, screen captures, pictures, audio files, web clips, online receipts, etc. You can access this service from most any device, making it very handy to compile something while it is freshly in front of you. Then, when you need to reference your ideas, there you be. I just signed up today, so only time will tell how much I use it. I will let you know.

I have blog post ideas. The problem is, I can’t write as fast as I think. MacSpeech Scribe to the rescue. Scribe is a Mac-centric software which allows you to create text documents directly from spoken-word audio files, thus fore-going the arduous task of trying to recapture your thoughts after-the-fact. Besides, I type like a forth grader, which means I usually lose my train of thought long before I make it past the first sentence. Now this software costs about $150 bucks, so I will need to contemplate it’s purchase for awhile, but I will be real surprised if I don’t talk myself into it.

Well, there you have it. Blogging made easier. We will see how it all works out...

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers