Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Guest Blogging on Noisecake


I spend the vast majority of my work day playing in Photoshop, so doing this blog is really just a way for me to keep in touch with my second language, English. A good writer, I am not. In fact, at times, I am a bit embarrassed about my skills, especially considering that a large portion of my friends actually make their living writing. I may be an impostor, but it is too fun, so the embarrassment takes a back seat.

Recently, I had the privilege of being asked to contribute to a new music site called Noisecake. Since I was free to write about anything, logically, I chose to chat about my favorite band, The Whigs, and their upcoming new release, In The Dark.

The cool thing about our new socially-networked society is how communication has become democratized. Everyone is a potential content dispenser. Everyone is a potential communicator. Everyone may be a connection to something new and interesting. Therefore, regardless of who they may be, when “everyone” makes a request, they need to be taken seriously.

So, when I couldn’t find an accurate release date for The Whig’s new album, I emailed my question off to the contact info I found on the Whig’s website and, to my surprise, drummer Julian Dorio responded back in minutes. Pretty cool. I haven’t even made a post yet and I am feeling like I’m some kind of Chuck Klosterman.

This music writer thing is kinda’ fun. Anyway, check out my upcoming posts on Noisecake and be sure to become a fan on Facebook.

3 comments:

DC said...

Thanks Dane! I look forward to your post!

-David
noisecake

Chris said...

Good to have you writing on noisecake Dane! And I definitely enjoy The Whigs as well. Good choice.

Chris

Marna said...

And, you're also a very good writer! All those grammar workbooks in school eventually sunk in! Plus, you retain what you read from others who are good writers and you're just plain smart. Afterall, you're from Karlstad!

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers